Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Thing 7: Sharing Slide Presentations

In an interesting juxtaposition, I jut returned from a two day workshop on hand book binding. Rather at the opposite end of the spectrum of library work.

This week's information was mostly new to me, and I can see how this sort of service could be useful for creating short demos or instructional clips on using databases and the like. Though I have to say I'm not terribly impressed with SlideShare. I've tried multiple times to create an account and it keeps timing out, either telling me that the site is too busy to show the page, or just freezing up.

So, I haven't been able to create a presentation, or use the share feature (that wasn't working either). About all I can do is imbed a link, which I'll do with the Reality Check slide show.

Reality Check 2010: 5 Trends Shaping Libraries

on to flickr... (did anyone else notice the typo in the Reality Check show? "5 trands...")

No comments:

Post a Comment