Friday, September 10, 2010

Thing 19: Multimedia

I was not aware of the Text-to-speech options in Ebsco, Gale, and Factiva. How cool. I couldn't find the option in Ebsco, but I did in the other two and tried them out.

I was aware of the other audio options listed, and have used all of them except Last.fm

I haven't used Youtube much. I know it has a good deal of useful, educational material, but I get tired of filtering through the dross. We've just started a subscription to Libguides, and I'm hoping that we can use some of the more useful Youtube material in some of our guides.

I found several videos done created by academic libraries. This was a good one, though a bit overlong:


And I liked this series, "The Library Minute" from Arizona State University. Short, coherent, easy to understand:


Lastly, this old one, more general tech than library oriented and a bit dated now, but one of my all time favorites:

No comments:

Post a Comment