Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thing 20: Tagging and Social Bookmarking

OK, looked around delicious. Explored the site options. Created an account and bookmarked a few sites. I like the portabiity of the bookmarks. Since I'm traveling between two campuses these days, that could really be useful.

Didn't think much of the comments. Everything I saw seemed to just be brief reiterations of the basic site info.

We don't currently have a social bookmark collection, but I mentioned before that we've just started working with Libguides, and I can see delicious working into that nicely. One of the tabs in the Libguides template could be for a delicious list. We'd just have to create a generic TNCC account so that any of the librarians who are editing the Libguides could add links to the delicious list.

I created a collection of bookmarks related to an event we have coming up in October. Author Orson Scott Card will be speaking at CNU, brought in by the Virginia Peninsula Literay Consortium.

No comments:

Post a Comment