Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Thing 3: RSS Feeds

Well, I have to admit that while I knew about RSS feeds, I had thought they would be too much trouble to set up. Not so. The trouble is that I still have multiple pages and sites that I go to for information: home email, work email, Nelsonlink (TNCC intranet), facebook, and now an RSS feed.

I subscribed to the TNCC news, VCCS news, This Day in Virginia History, Marketplace from American Public Media, and Gluten-free girl (my favorite cooking blog).

I recently read an article that was describing the Library 2.0 users as those who operate in a world that appears to have no boundries between work, home, study, and recreation. I've tried to maintain some separation - different home and work emails, two facebook accounts, etc. but with this RSS feed I've obviously combined work and "extra-curricular" interests and I'm starting to wonder how long it will be before I have to combine everything just to keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment