Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Thing 2: Getting Started / Web 2.0 Concepts.

Thing one but actually it's week two on the schedule. I'm behind already.

And while I was catching up on the first week's tasks, I kept thinking of Dr. Seuss. While images of Thing One and Thing Two running around on the blog page would be entertaining, it probably would also be a copyright violation.

I really liked "The Machine is Us/ing Us" - so much so that I posted a link to it on my personal facebook page.

Meanwhile, back to the matter at hand. I started a blog for the library last semester http://tncc.edu/library/blog/ using Wordpress. The impetus for starting it was to provide a forum for online discussions of the college's book circles, and it's worked well for that. But in addition it's given us another avenue for announcements and for highlighting library events.

Getting more familiar with Web 2.0 concepts is one of the reasons I'm participating in this project. I'm familiar with some, have heard of others and I suspect am completly ignorant of quite a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment